• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash profile

D

DBbrewing

I am having a problem, in the recipe view the mash profile box is empty and I click to add it and nothing then I go to the column on the left and click on the mash profile and it said there was an error and has to close, everytime. Can you please help??
Thanks Dave.

Dave,
 Not sure but it sounds like your mash profile data might be corrupted in some way.

Try downloading this and installing it to your c:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory.

Brad

Attachments

• Mash.bsm
    38.6 KB · Views: 260
Could I just deleate the Mash.bsm on my computer and then download the Mash.bsm from you?

Yes,
  Delete the one on your computer and use the one I posted above.

Brad

Brad I don't know, I deleated it and reinstalled the one you posted about 16 times and still comes up with the error and closes the program??????????

It is possible you have a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where USERNAME is your login name for Vista.

Note if you are running Vista or Win 7 your MASH.BSM file could also be here under the compatability directory.

BeerSmith said:
It is possible you have a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where USERNAME is your login name for Vista.

Note if you are running Vista or Win 7 your MASH.BSM file could also be here under the compatability directory.
No I am still running windows XP, so I tried uninstalling the whole program and reninstalling it and still the same thing????

I have not seen this type of problem before...I guess at this point I would recommend installing to another directory (which will make a clean install) and then go back and import any of the data from your old BeerSmith directory (i.e. Recipes.bsm).

If that does not fix it I'm not sure what will!

Brad

BeerSmith said:
I have not seen this type of problem before...I guess at this point I would recommend installing to another directory (which will make a clean install) and then go back and import any of the data from your old BeerSmith directory (i.e. Recipes.bsm).

If that does not fix it I'm not sure what will!

Brad
That worked!!! Thanks Brad, you are the man!!!! I did not know what directory to put it in so I put it in the MY Music I figured that would not hurt anything. Thanks again.
Dave

Back