• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith on Ubuntu 8.04

J

jhouse59

I've installed BeerSmith 1.4 on my  Ubuntu 8.04. I've searched the forums when it would crash. It said to "Set your the WINEPREFIX environment variable to $HOME/.wine/ie6". How do I do this? Also, when I click on the link to install "IES4Linux (http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page)". I get a "Reported Attack Site!" is there another way to install IE in Linux? Or, are you going to fix it so it will run on Linux machines?

Hi,
  I'm not a Wine expert but I know you need IE installed for the preview and printing to work properly.  I'm hoping someone running Linux can jump in here...

Brad

I'm using BeerSmith on LinuxMint 7. I had trouble just using WINE, I don't remember exactly what the problems were but I know it started working much better once I installed wine-doors. I'm pretty sure it's in the ubuntu repositories. You could just open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install wine-doors

wine-doors gives you a window that shows you a bunch of windows software you can install. This is how I got IE installed. That made BeerSmith work much better.

But I actually just installed it on my new laptop the same way, and I can't print, or even print preview. Other Wine apps are able to print just fine.

I did discover that when I try to do a print preview of the brew sheet it creates a .tmp file in Program Files\Beersmith\templates which is actually an HTML file. So I just rename it .html and open in my browser and print it that way.

Anyone have any suggestions for that?

-Bill

I think what I really need to know is just how to set an environment variable.  On Ubuntu 7.10. Anyone know how?

Back