• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from the North Carolina Triad

T

Tarheel1

I fairly new to home brewing with three extract batches under my belt (and starting to show). They turned out very well, so well in fact they have a tendency to disappear faster than I can brew them. My fourth batch is an all grain oatmeal stout which hopefully will be close to Founders Breakfast Stout. It just went into the secondary today so it will be awhile before I know the results. I found a clone recipe and used BeerSmith to set it up--still learning the ins and outs of the software. I like beer and am having a good time researching and making it. I feel like a big kid with a homemade chemistry set.

Tarheel1 said:
I fairly new to home brewing with three extract batches under my belt (and starting to show). They turned out very well, so well in fact they have a tendency to disappear faster than I can brew them. My fourth batch is an all grain oatmeal stout which hopefully will be close to Founders Breakfast Stout. It just went into the secondary today so it will be awhile before I know the results. I found a clone recipe and used BeerSmith to set it up--still learning the ins and outs of the software. I like beer and am having a good time researching and making it. I feel like a big kid with a homemade chemistry set.

Welcome to the forum and this hobby.  Enjoy it.

Welcome
In case you're not already aware, there are two clubs in the Triad.  Battleground Brewers Guild in GSO, and the W-S Wort Hogs, I believe. 

BBG seems more active and has an annual comp, last held on Oct 24th. 

http://www.battlegroundbrewers.com/

Back