• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith on a Commodore 64

M

Mij

Brad,
You know, I really, really could use a port of Beersmith for the Commodore 64 - I found one in my attic and thought to myself - "Self, I know those cool netbooks are only $250 with Windows and would run BS great!  BUT, on the other hand - I bet Brad would make a TON of $$ with a port of BS to the C-64 platform!!!  Of course I won't need to pay an upgrade fee since I've already bought it once - but that's not the point, the C-64 is the WAVE OF THE FUTURE!!!"  Come on Brad, I know you can do it  ;D

On the serious side:
About the only cross platform, ubiquitous, runtime environment I can think of is Java - it runs on most platforms and would have to potential for the widest distrubtuion.  Coding and recoding for platform after platform for a product with such a niche market doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me - but then, who am I  :-\

By the way, as much as I value this product - I'd pay for it again ;)

I love the Commodore 64 - had one for many years.  However, I'm not sure there is a current Java platform for the C64.  You can get some nice C64 emulators for various platforms though if you want to play some of the old classic games.

I have moved to a cross platform development kit for BeerSmith 2.0 which covers Linux, Mac and the PC.  Its not perfect but I do have versions up and running on the PC and Mac now and it would not be hard to port to Linux when the time comes.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Brad

BeerSmith said:
I have moved to a cross platform development kit for BeerSmith 2.0 which covers Linux, Mac and the PC.  Its not perfect but I do have versions up and running on the PC and Mac now and it would not be hard to port to Linux when the time comes.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Brad

BeerSmith 2.0?  When is that expected to release?  :)

Back