• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Units for grains

tgarry

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I find it useful to measure/weigh out speciality grains in metric units, as this can be more precise than English units.  But the main grain bill is large so English units work well for that.  I find myself changing the default units settings constantly and handwritting my preferred units on a per ingredient basis on the brew sheet.

Is it possible to add a custom units option on a per ingredient basis. For example, double click the recipie ingredient, then in the pop up window for the grain/hop/adjunct add a preferred units drop down box that will set the units for that item in that particular recipe. 

Thanks for considering.

Hi,
  I'm not sure if you know you can enter other units in (i.e. if working in metric, you can enter "3.5 lb" into any weight field and BeerSmith will do the conversion for you.

Cheers,
Brad

Back