• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I need sparge arm ideas

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Finally have the water math numbers down for my new continuous sparge setup.  But extraction efficiency stinks, I think because the silicon hose I'm using is too strong a flow and the water is channeling down the sides.  So I need a sparge arm to restrict the flow and to drizzle it in and to slow down the lautering in general. 

I have a 15-inch piece of 1/2-inch copper that will span across the 10-gallon polar ware pot I use. 
I'll drill enough tiny holes to get the drizzle needed. 

Ideas on how to attach the terminating end of the copper tube to the far side of the pot?  I'd like to keep the pot lid as flat as possible to retain maximum heat. 

You have probably already thought of this but I would get brass compression elbows and drill in to the lid on each side. Put a cap on one side and hose barb on the other. I am kind of thinking of doing this with my cooler setup. Drill staggered 1/16 inch holes in a fan pattern.

Back