• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost all my ingredients in recipe view

bgbrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
All the recipes that I have lost all the ingredients in the recipe view. If I print a recipe it will print some of the ingredients, but not all of them

Unreal... That is exactly why I just got on here was to see if anyone could help me with the same problem. In recipe view none of the ingredients are visible. You can add things (hops, grains, etc) and all the calculations show you added something but there are no ingredients visible in the ingredient window.

Ideas?

Hi,

In most cases this is caused by a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where {USERNAME} is your login name for Vista/Win 7.

If you delete the newopts14.opts directory there you should be in business. 

Let me know if you have continued problems!
--

Cheers!

Brad Smith

I cannot find a any of the directories\paths after c:\users\{myname}\. There is no local\ect.

It might be hidden - it is a system directory so you need to go into the windows file explorer options dialog to display it in some cases.

Brad

Back