• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Synchronize 2 computers

Mr. Beer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased BrewSmith yesterday and saw that I can install it on my desktop and my laptop.  The question I have is, what is the best way to sync up all the databases? I understand I can export recipes and then import them, but what about custom inventory stuff?

Thanks in Advance.
Mr. Beer

Your best bet is to use an application such as Goodsync. Just add a custom entry to the beersmith directory and everything should sync up correctly.

You can use synch software provided you don't try to synch while one of the computers has the program open - this could result in data loss.

If you want to periodically manually move the data, you can export your recipes from one computer and then import/merge on the other.

Finally it is possible to simply install and run the program from a shared drive.  However, again you need to be careful that you don't have BeerSmith open on both computers at once as this could result in one copy overwriting the other's data.

Cheers,
Brad

You could use a web based service like Windows Live Sync to synchronize the directories on two different web connected computers.  That's at http://sync.live.com

Back