• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Notes

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am finding the inventory component of BeerSmith to be fantastic.  I am recommending that you add even more value to it by including our ability to add notes that will print off.

In the past I have suggested a note area for us to place a date and maybe a brewing event to remind us when we have last updated inventory.  IE, "Last updated after Irish Red Brew", or, "Last updated after ingredient purchase of ...."

I find that I write notes all over my printed inventory sheet to remind me if I get this one or two ingredients I have enough to brew a batch.  Well, as my brewery increases the amount of ingredients in stock I have many more style possibilities.  I am finding that I am continually rewriting the reminder notes.

Maybe there is already a solution, if not, plesae consider my idea.

I sometimes have different batches of the same hop (different AA% or age), or two purchases of the same grain (different ages), and was wondering if there is already a simple way to differentiate these easily? 

I'd like to pick the correct one in the recipe so the correct one gets removed from Inventory after brewing. 

If not, then could this added to Rep's suggestions? 

Back