• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Temp for Mashout

S

Streb

Greetings,

Is there any way to get the program to calculate mashout water volume based on a 212 degree F sparge water temperature?  It is difficult for me to accurately hit the 196 or 200 degree type temperatures that the program suggests.  However, I can always hit 212 degrees.

Thanks in advance.

Streb,
 The only thing I can think of is to vary the amount of water in the "Strike/Infusion" calculator until you get a temperature around 212F.

What you are looking for is not a very hard calculation to make as it is a variation on the decoction calculations (i.e. how much boiling stuff do I need to add...).  However, I did not implement it simply because I did not think of it.

I think it would be a nice feature to add -- for example if you miss your strike temperature by a few degrees - how much boiling water would it take to hit it?

I will add it to "the list" of things I want to add...

Cheers!
Brad

Back