• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Pickens, SC

Lupulin Junkie

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello to all!

While I am not new to brewing, I am anxiously waiting for the rest of my brewing equipment that I ordered to arive here at the house so I can finally go all grain.  Close to 14 years ago, while in college, I started homebrewing.  I did kit beers with some specialty grains.  Fast foreward those 14 years and I am married and the wife and I are moving to a "new house" with a garage basement (which I quickly claimed as mine).  "What, park cars in the garage?  Don't be silly dear, that is my new homebrewing/woodworking shop!  Lucky for me, I had saved what brewing equipment I had and moved it out here with us.  It's amazing how tastily addictive a hobby homebrewing is, because after starting back and doing about 6 batches of partial mash beers, I commited to making the jump to allgrain brewing. WooHooo!  BTW, Beersmith is a fantastic program and the website with this forum has made things all the easier to understand and follow.

Steve
Bottled: 5gal. Irish Red
          5gal. Amber Ale

Lupulin Junkie said:
Hello to all!

While I am not new to brewing, I am anxiously waiting for the rest of my brewing equipment that I ordered to arive here at the house so I can finally go all grain.  Close to 14 years ago, while in college, I started homebrewing.  I did kit beers with some specialty grains.  Fast foreward those 14 years and I am married and the wife and I are moving to a "new house" with a garage basement (which I quickly claimed as mine).  "What, park cars in the garage?  Don't be silly dear, that is my new homebrewing/woodworking shop!  Lucky for me, I had saved what brewing equipment I had and moved it out here with us.  It's amazing how tastily addictive a hobby homebrewing is, because after starting back and doing about 6 batches of partial mash beers, I commited to making the jump to allgrain brewing. WooHooo!  BTW, Beersmith is a fantastic program and the website with this forum has made things all the easier to understand and follow.

Steve
Bottled: 5gal. Irish Red
           5gal. Amber Ale

Sounds like a great plan.  And welcome to the BS forum.

I recently bought a place in the country and it has a tuck under garage. I will be using it as a garage as the place also has an old ingle stall garage with an addition on the back for my wood working/brewery.

Good luck

Grats on the new brewery/Shop. I am in the begining stages of building a house and will have a seporate shop/brewery. So far the plans have changed slightly, but here is the latest version of the shop/brewery. It looks like it is still about 1 year before we actually move in, but should be everything I wanted. The plans may still change but this is the basic idea.

Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• Shop2.jpg
    Shop2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 437
LJ
You're actually closer to MALT in Asheville if you're looking for a good club. 

www.maltsters.org

Back