• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

The 2 PCs registered max. thing.

Endovelico

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey there,

I recently had my main PC sent to the PC Hospital because my MotherBoard fried. Because of that my HD is going to be cleaned out along with my BeerSmith installation. Now, i have a laptop but i don't want to waste one installation on it so my question is what exactly is the mechanism for finding out wether its a new pc or not? IP, MACAddress, or just number of registrations? I would hate to install this on the Laptop and then end up not being able to install it on my main PC when it gets back.

Hi,
  Go ahead and install it on your new PC with your key.  We do track keys for upgrades and such, but we understand that people upgrade, move PCs, have hard drives crash and so on.  We look for a long term pattern of abuse and not a short move to another machine.

Thanks,
Brad

Hey, me again. My PC got formatted and my key no longer works (in Beersmith 2 atleast, do i need to buy a different key for it). thanks, in advance.

Hi,
  Is it a BeerSmith 1 or 2 key?  BeerSmith 1 keys have four sets of four digits (as in XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) while BeerSmith 2 is sets of 5 digits (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).

If you have a BeerSmith 1 key you can install BeerSmith 1.4 from the "BeerSmith 1.4" link at the very top of our site.  If you want to upgrade, I recommend grabbing the sale I've got this weekend (runs until Tuesday the 29th of Nov) as that is the best price you will find for upgrading to BeerSmith 2.

If you have a BeerSmith 2 key and it won't install, drop me an email with the key and I should be able to correct it or look up your order.

Brad

Back