• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from a new brewer in Arkansas.

J

jim4065

I've brewed three extract kits and one AG so far. Only drank up the first kit - but it was great. Been doing it all on the stove top, but since I let some wort bake onto the stove SWMBO has consigned me to the Outer Darkness. Got an old Turkey Fryer and a NG BBG, so I'm hoping to be able to proceed outside.

I got turned on to BeerSmith from the HomeBrewTalk forum. My first attempts to use it were unsuccessful but those who used it were so content (overall) that I bought the program last night. Personal opinion - and I know what that's worth - the initial download ought to include a full functioning tutorial (with a big green button that says "PUSH TO LEARN"). The screen is quite busy, and may serve to push others away also. Be that as it may, I'm here and will learn to use it.  :)

Welcome to the BeerSmith Forum Jim. Congrats on the outdoor setup.
So far I been lucky not to have boiled over any wort on the stove, because of my healthy fear of SWMBO ;D  ;)

I also, was unsure how beersmith was going to help me and was overwhelmed with the allgrain setup, when I first got the program. But I think you find it gets easier with time and by asking questions here on the forum.
stevemwazup

Am also a brewer from north Ar. Beer smith gets better with time have you watched the viedo tutorial yet it may help

Back