• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BrewSheet Suggestions

tygo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all, first post on this forum.  Great software that's made my brewing life a lot easier.

That being said I have a few suggestions. (of course ;D)  I'm new to the program so if something I'm suggesting is already available just please point me in the right direction.

1)  It would be nice if the brewsheet was exportable to Excel as well as just being able to be printed via Adobe.  Everyone does things a little differently in a little different order.  The brewsheet is great but it would be nice to be able to just dump it into excel and tweek for your system/preferences.

2)  Adding sugars/extracts - This appears to be a binary function.  You either add them at the beginning or or check the box to add them to the fermenter after the wort is cooled.  I think most brewers would choose to add these at about 15 minutes or so for sanitation purposes rather than dumping them dry into the fermenter.  In keeping with the theme of my thread I'm less concerned about the program accounting for the minor decrease in hop utilization in that last 15 minutes at a higher gravity than I am in making the brewsheet more of a usable tool (although if you could figure that math out that would be sweet  :)).

I thought I had more than 2.  Maybe I'll remember them later.  Thanks again for the great program and keep up the good work!

If you are comfortable "opening the hood" you can create custom reports in BeerSmith to suit your needs. 

In the attached, I modified the standard Text report, and created the custom report (BrewProcess) under Tools\Options\Reports.

I used the Text report (my preference) but you could modify/create any type report, then save it as a custom report.  That way, you'd get what you want 'inside' BeerSmith and eliminate the need to go outside to Excel. 

The report files are stored in the Templates directory under the main BeerSmith folder. 

Attachments

• BrewProcess.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 392
Back