• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sorting Recipe Ingredients

bspisak

Brewer
Reaction score
Allow recipe ingredients to be manually sorted by click and drag and/or fine tune automatic sort. 

Currently ingredients are sorted automatically by type and some other logical criteria. For the most part this works out ok.  Sometimes, it doesn't.

Ex1) Multiple Hop Additions.  Say I'm adding the same 3 hops at 60, again at 15 and finally at 0 minutes.  The groups of three are sorted by time, but are often mixed up within each group. It's easier to see what's going on when they are all in the same order. Maybe just add alphabetical as the fall back sort?

1 oz Centennial (60 min)
1 oz Chinook (60 min)
1 oz Cascade (60 min)
1 oz Cascade (15 min)
1 oz Centennial (15 min)
1 oz Chinook (15 min)
1 oz Chinook (0 min)
1 oz Centennial (0 min)
1 oz Cascade (0 min)

Ex2) When Dry Hopping, the hop isn't added as the last addition.  I'd like to see this at the bottom of the list.  Right now, it is getting added after my 60 minute addition but before my 15 minute addtion.

There were a couple of other times I thought it might be nice to have a manual sort, but I can't seem to find them right now.

Brian

Hi Brian,
  In the recipe view, we sort them by IBU contribution.  On the brewsheet, I believe they are generally sorted by time of addition.  We're looking at possibly making this adjustable in the future.

Cheers,
Brad

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to throw my 2 cents in.

I think the way Beersmith sorts hop additions is confusing.  This should be adjustable or it should just be sorted by addition order.

Couldn't agree more.  I also find the sorting of ingredients confusing.  This should be a very simple fix to make it manually adjustable!

Back