• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi there from Washington :)

john98026

Apprentice
Reaction score
I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself.  I have been brewing for a bit over a year now.  Started with a brown ale kit in a can, moved on to LME and DME and made the switch to all-grain after about 6 batches.  I guess I got hooked.  Anyway, I built my first brewstand out of copper tubing.  It is/was a three-tiered arrangement that has served me well.  That being said, I am building a new two-tiered brewstand that is made from steel tubing.  It will be a RIMS setup with some cool features, like solenoid valves to direct the flow of water/wort, a Blichman Auto-sparge and a dump feature for the mashtun I hope to get it up and running in the next few weeks.  In addition to the brewstand(s), I have a temperature controlled fermentation cabinet that holds both of my 7 gallon conicals and an additional carboy, if I am so inclined.  Yesterday, I poured my first draft ale from my newly constructed kegerator.  Eventually, it will have 3 normal and one stout (nitrogen) faucets.  As for the styles I prefer, it depends on the day, mood, etc.  I guess my preference is towards American Pale ales, IPAs and American Browns.  I got a blue ribbon for an American Pale the first time I entered a homebrew competition so, I guess I am doing OK.  Whew!  I think I have said more than enough  ;)

Outstanding!  I got up to speed pretty fast too.  I need to build a stand an kegerator next once capital frees up.

Back