• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Carbonation

P

Pat Kopf

I'm not sure if this is a Beersmith suggestion or question, but am putting it in this forum anyway (sorry for so many questions/suggestions at once - I'm just starting to use the program heavily).  When I enter the actual amount of priming sugar used in a recipe, shouldn't the carbonation volumes change to reflect what volume the actual suger added would result in?

Pat K.

Pat,
 That would be a nice addition - but at the current moment the field is really just a "text" field where you can enter the carbonation method you used.  

I included it because many people don't use the carbonation calculator and just put a fixed amount in (for example 2/3 cup of priming sugar - by volume).

I will take another look at this - perhaps it makes sense to do the calculation in reverse if someone puts in a valid amount.  

One hitch is that some people use volume measurements for sugar (not recommended due to variations in sugar type used!!) - whereas weight is MUCH more accurate.

Cheers!
Brad

Back