• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Pitching Calculator in Beersmith

wyzazz

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just a thought but I would like to see a Pitching Rate Calculator (similar to mrmalty.com) integrated in to Beersmith.  There are so many conversion tools in the program already, I'd like to make this my "One Stop Shop" for all things brewing.  Thanks! 

Amen to a Yeast Pitch Rate Calc Tool. 

And also do the math in the background of Recipe View, using the Batch Size, OG, and ale/lager data to just show how many cells needed.  Just show a 3-digit number, in billions?  Both WLP and Wye are about 100 billion cells in a package, and most people could eyeball whether they needed a starter.  Make it like a 'style' guideline that goes bold when you are out of spec? 

Similar to calculating the IBUs from all the various hop drops, times, and gravities during the boil, and it goes bold when it doesn't match guidelines. 

Great idea!
  I will put this on the list as I think this is a very good idea.

Brad

Schweet!  ;) 

P.S.  If you need someone to test, I'm a Systems Admin and test stuff for our in house developers all the time.  ::)

Back