• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Labels

snwmnhntr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Add a label design feature and ability to attach labels to recipes. ;D

You can create custom report templates to make labels.  I believe there are a few samples posted here on site.

Cheeers,
Brad

BeerSmith said:
You can create custom report templates to make labels.  I believe there are a few samples posted here on site.

Cheeers,
Brad

Yes, I once found them but had no idea what to do with them.  Maybe a bit of explanation on how to manipulate the documentations would be good.  If I recall, they were fine for somebody that already knew how to make custom reports, but I have not found anything that explains how to do that.

I bet a forum here on label construction and viewing would go over very well.

From BeerSmith Support site:
Download custom report templates and install them into your BeerSmith\templates directory.  Next go to the Reports section of the Options command (Tools menu) to install each template.  Look at the files in the BeerSmith\templates (under Program Files on your hard drive) directory to get examples of how you can create your own custom reports.

Here is the breakdown:
1. Download custom report templates and install (Or copy) them into your BeerSmith\templates directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Beersmith\templates).
2. Next open BeerSmith and go to the Tools menu item, and select Options command
3. There will be a "Reports" tab that you should select
4. In the Reports tab, click the add Button and an "Add Report Template will open".
5. Name the report to something you can remember. I usually add the prefix PB (My initals) to any of my own reports.
6. Select the data type "Recipe"
7. Click the Browse button and brows to your templates folder and select the downloaded Report.

All of the templates provided from the support page should work with any install of Beersmith. I have posted a few of mine of mine that will error without adding a picture.jpg file name to the assistant brewers field in your recipe and an associated picture.jpg file in the templates folder. Other than that, If your goal is to create your own reports. That is a different mater all together. You must have an "idea" of how to edit webpages in order to be able to modify them. You will need to add tags that are not in any "gui" driven webpage editor. If that is the case I will try to help with that also. However I don't plan on teaching any html classes. d:

Hope this helps

Cheers
Preston

Back