• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Just joined from Utah

C

chrisallen1

Greetings from Utah, ware home brewing is supposed to be illegal. Yet they have one of the biggest home brewing stores in Salt Lake City. Actually it's an old law that is not even enforced any more. The only thing is you can't order mixes or supplies on the internet, because no one will send them to Utah.

I have been brewing off and on for a few years now. I have brewed everything from lager's to ales, batches from scratch and beer machines. The beer machine brew is actually pretty good.

I am glad to be a part of this forum to get some feed back.

Welcome aboard! I am not positive, but doesn't utah statute HB51 passed last spring legalize it?

Welcome aboard!

SOGOAK said:
Welcome aboard! I am not positive, but doesn't utah statute HB51 passed last spring legalize it?

That would be correct! Last year with the passing of HB51, we became legal. A few short months later we celebrated the passing of HB51 with the 1st Annual Beehive Brewoff. With over 300 entries from around the country, many celebrated as Utah took that step forward. The 2nd Annual is scheduled for sometime in August.

The BOS was a Schwarzbier that I hear was fantastic. 

Back