• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Carbonation with Sucrose (Table Sugar)

M

Martin Egerup

Hi,

I would like to see the option of carbonating with sucrose in the recipe window.
Would you consider adding this option in a later version?

Martin Egerup

I tried this.  I didn't realize I might need a bit more than the corn sugar.

Net result, really slow carb. 

I wound up just getting a huge-ass bag of the corn sugar, I'd rather put another 50cent into my recipee than wait another 6-8 weeks to get some fizz.

The next version we release actually has carbonation profiles so you can choose many different types of priming agents.

Cheers,
Brad

I have also been told that it takes more Table sugar to carbonate with. Which got me to thinking (I know scary right!). What if you inverted the sucrose and then added it.

To me it only makes sense if you invert it, It would work better/faster than just plain sucrose. Would it be the same as corn sugar? If you think about it, your boiling the mix anyhow. Just add some lemon juice and your done.

Your thoughts.

Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
I have also been told that it takes more Table sugar to carbonate with. Which got me to thinking (I know scary right!). What if you inverted the sucrose and then added it.

To me it only makes sense if you invert it, It would work better/faster than just plain sucrose. Would it be the same as corn sugar? If you think about it, your boiling the mix anyhow. Just add some lemon juice and your done.

Your thoughts.

Cheers
Preston

Actually it takes *less* cane sugar to carbonate than corn sugar .

BeerSmith said:
The next version we release actually has carbonation profiles so you can choose many different types of priming agents.

Cheers,
Brad

So is this an update on all versions?  or only on new versions, when will this be happening?

The carbonation profiles will be in V2.0 which I'm hoping to release by the end of this year.  It does depend on how the testing goes - but I'm working on it full time now.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
The carbonation profiles will be in V2.0 which I'm hoping to release by the end of this year.  It does depend on how the testing goes - but I'm working on it full time now.

Brad

I brew with the BIAB method, and with the popularity of it now, have you given considerations to V2 having a configurable BIAB mashing profile? as that is something I haven't managed to get working very well so far

Nothing is more aggravating than a batch that doesn't carbonate. If you're gonna bottle as opposed to kegging, then "Hey! __it happens."

What I do when it happens (and fortunately, that's not often) is I uncap all my glass bottles & pour off my contents into plastic (PET) soda bottles, cap 'em with Fizz Giz caps & hit 'em with the Fizz Giz dispenser preset to reach desired 15PSI or thereabout. It's a quick fix and I don't stay pissed off very long - especially if I can quickly chill my potion.

Thanks for you information i newly join and so nice post I agree with you. Your complement is so informative…

Back