• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Associate a photograph with each beer

N

NYCHomebrewer

I document each beer I brew with a photograph. Sometimes it helps to be able to look at the color of the beer, the amount of head etc. Obviously, its easy to just keep a folder on the computer but sometimes I'm browsing my recipes in Beersmith and I'd like to remember how it looked. Rather than have to sort through all my photos, I'd really like to be able to just have a photo right there on the recipe screen. You could include an "Add Photo" function, and then use that photo both in the recipe itself and as a little microphoto on the recipe list screen. Maybe even make a "sort by SRM" function so I could view the whole spectrum of beers I've brewed.

That would be awsome.

Thanks for listening.

NYCHomebrewer

That does sound neat.  For that matter, you could take pix of your beer next to the "goal" beer you're trying to make, so you could see visually what else to do to get closer. 

Could BSmith automatically reduce/resize any photo to the tiny size needed not to bog down the software? 

As long as it didn't bog down the speed of the app, I think people would use it.  I find myself wanting to do stuff online but working with the photos first is the stumbling block. 

I have not yet added this but I do have an image with each beer in the next version so it might be possible to add custom photos as well with a bit of work.

Cheers,
Brad

Back