• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Asking for my reg key?!

Yeasty

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I've been using BeerSmith for about seven years, and all of a sudden I open it and it asks for my registration key. Brad, hopefully you still have my info, but can you tell me why this has happened? Hope it hasn't affected my recipe files. It's been awhile since I backed up.  :-\

...and thanks to the "new and improved" Yahoo mail, I've lost the original email with the key. (Sigh)

Usually someone runs into this problem when you change the User Access Control (UAC) settings under Vista or Windows 7.  That is one possibility.  If you change it back, it will likely go away as a problem.

If you drop me an email with your name/address I can likely look up your code and send it to you.

Cheers,
Brad

Will do. Thanks.
I bet this is what happened. I'm using Vista and recently changed it to stop asking for admin permission for everything.

:) All better! Thanks Brad. As I recall, I lost it a few years ago when I went to put it on my new computer, had to bug Brad about it, left it in my inbox just for this reason. Thanks to Yahoo, seems that's not the best place. Maybe this time I can find a safe place for it!  :D

Back