• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dates

dontblake

Apprentice
Reaction score
Suggestion:  add a spot to log the actual date of racking and kegging/bottling.  This should then calculate the number of days and display as such.

Thanks
-Don

Don,

I don't know if this will help while we are waiting for Ver. 2.0.  I use a note form that I copy into the Recipe Notes.  I only print the BrewSheet when Brewing and fill in data as the process progresses.
Once the batch is bottled or kegged, I type in the data and save it for future reference.

Copy of my note form below. No Pride in Authorship here. Use, modify, or laugh!! Copy as is and paste in to the Note box. It fits.

Strike = ___*F, Mash Start = ___*F, Mash End = ___*F, Mash Out = ___*F, Volume = _.__ gal,
Absorption = _._ gal, Sparge = ___*F, Pre-Boil Gravity = 1.___, Boiled Wort Gravity (O.G.) = 1.___,
Primary = PRI- _, Yeast Used = Full slurry from Batch __, History = __, __, __, __, __, __, __, __, __, __, _th Use,
Pitch Date = __/__/__, Pitch Temp = __*F, Pitch Time = __:__, Date Air Lock lift = __/__/__,
Time Air Lock Lift = __:__, Full Activity Date = __/__/__, Full Activity Time = __:__,
Secondary = SEC - _, Rack Date = __/__/__, Gravity into Secondary = 1.0__,
Secondary Temp = __*F, Bottle/Keg Date = __/__/__, Final Gravity = 1.0__,

Thanks for posting that Preston! I will add that to my ~Template.bsm

I normally just scratch that info on my brew sheet.

Cheers
Preston

Preston,

You are most welcome.  I did as you did for a while but I wanted to get the data recorded in the recipe file somehow so I could look back at what went right and what didn't. You know ... there's always something.... It's the somethings that made it better that keep you up at night ....

I do not fully understand the workings of the various reports in BeerSmith, so I do not understand how you are going to implement this. I'm extremely interested and want to learn more.  I have reworked the basic recipe template in html using FrontPage. My greatest problem is that I do not know the variable names to call out.

To do this little suggestion, I just made a text of the data I want to collect. I copy/paste it into the recipe note box at the bottom. When I print the Brewsheet, the notes appear at the bottom. I fill in the underscores while brewing and later (while drinking) I type it into the recipe notes.

I would love to have a list of variable names to use in report development. When you are configuring your Brew Log report, and you customize it, there is a list of variables that you can select from. I wish I had that list so I could improve my recipe report.

Preston

I have already done the work for you, You can find the tags here:
http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1465.0

You can call me a purist, IMO Front Page adds way to much code for no reason. I will always use a text editor. My code is clean and organized, and should be easy to follow if you know what you are looking at.

I thought about modifying one of the standard templates to include this info, but decided to hold off. If you would like some help with it, just let me know. It would not take long to do. Besides I like my template better d:

Edit:
I have modified my template to include what I was missing. You can download it here and copy everything to the c:\Program Files\Beersmith\templates folder (make sure you keep the folder structure). It should create two new folders called Images and Script. If you have a logo you can put the name of the file in the assistant brewers field in BeerSmith and a copy of the file in the templates folder with everything else, and it should put it on the report for you.

Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• templates.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 195
Back