• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipies NOT SAVING in 1.4 build 38 on Win7 Starter Edition

Darkstar72

Apprentice
Reaction score
One of my registered copies of Brewsmith is running on a Netbook loaded with Win7 Starter Edition.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled/re-registered the program several times. Every recipe I enter doesn't save.  I get the same "generic" recipes in My Recipes that are included with the program however I'm about ready to just use Excel to keep my recipes.

Can you provide any information as to why your software is behaving this way?  I'd like to use it but so far it's worthless to me if it can't save a recipe.

Jason

Hi,
  In most cases where this type of problem occurs its because the user you are logged into does not have permission to write to the BeerSmith directory.

From my experience, the easy fix is to reinstall, but install the program to a subdirectory under the Documents directory for the user you regularly log into.  This will avoid any permissions problems and should correct the issue.

Brad

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  As it is running a stock install from Gateway and it's my friend and brewing partner's box I am not sure what level of rights he has.  I'll report back.

Back