• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fermentation heater.

Berkyjay

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I just purchased this fermentation heater from NorthernBrewer and I am not sure it is working as part of a kit that includes the temp controller.  It doesn't seem to get warm however and I think it might be broken.  I even plugged straight into the wall outlet for about 15 min to see if it warmed up, but I never felt any warming.  Granted, I did all of this while it was attached to a carboy full of beer. 

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/fermenting-equipment/fermentation-temperature-control/electric-fermentation-heater.html

My question is does anyone here use this and when it is on do you feel warmth from it?  I know this might be a silly question, but I want to be sure that it is damaged before I contact NorthernBrewer.

James

I use a film fermentation heater with a A419ABC Johnson Control and when it is attached to the carboy you should feel it getting warm.  If you do not feel it getting warm then it is probably defective.

Back