• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile question

TimCA

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am trying out the program for the first time (formally used Pro Mash).  I am trying to figure out the Preset mash profiles.  I use a rectangular "extreme" cooler with braided hose.  I do batch sparging.  When I select the "Single Infusion, Medium Body"  I get the two steeps, but the volumes don't add up to the "boil volume" above the recipe. ??? ???  I am brewing 11G finish volume in a converted keg (15.5G).  "boil volume" is reported to be 13.72G.  The Mash profile is 30 quarts in the mash in and 16.8 q in the mash out.  That equals  11.7G not the 54.88 quarts I need  ??? ??? ??? What am I doing wrong?
Side note can I change a setting so that everything is in Q or G so I don't need to keep doing math on the side....

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I am having the exact same issue. I recently posted to here:

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=3604.0

Seems like you did not get an answer? Did you ever figure this out?

Lee

Hi,
 Usually this happens if you don't have your equipment profile set up correctly.  Did you take time to set up an equipment profile to match your setup?  I have a tutorial available in the videos on the support page.

Brad

Back