• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi! Newb here

G

Gunruner

"Hello folks".  I'm new to home brewing.  Wife bought me a kit last Christmas and I'm lovin it.  Sure wish I'd gotten into this sooner.  On my forth batch yesterday.  I screwed up my first EPA(low bottling sugar and lots of crud) and have another bottle conditioning right now.  I brewed a Vanilla Porther that I took my time with and everyone(except the wife) thinks it's superb.  My daughter even ask me to make her a case for her 25th birthday next month!  I'm fermenting an Amber Ale that I started yesterday.  Just wanted to say hello and wish there was a club or shop near but no luck.  My daughter is in Raliegh NC so she brings my stuff up from American Brewmaster shop.  I'm in Hurricane, WV, between Charleston the capital and Huntington the home of Marshal University.  Great site this BeerSmith!!!..............Mike

Welcome,
        It looks like you are brewing up a storm. There are plenty of brewing supplies on line that will ship it to you. There is no bad home brew, only better homebrew!

Thanks Bob.  I like my beer!  I made a trip to the Carolina Brewery near Raliegh and had their regular Ale, their Porter and luck had it their Imperial Pale Ale at 8.1% abv.  What great beers.  My Porter was right on theirs but my original EPA was WAY too flat.  Not cellar flat but water flat(yuck).  Hello again............Mike

Hey Newb!
try The Grape and Grainery (sp) they do a pretty good line...Only gripe is that when I used to do kit brewing, they didn't tell you what was in the kit, just what it made.
Best suggestion is use Brewsmith and start making up your own recipes with thei help...You will b e amazed at the difference!

Back