• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New recipes

GWC

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've watched the tutorial on how to create recipes and I have now added a few of my own. But for some reason now, when I go to create a new recipe it brings up an old recipe. Am I supposed to delete that recipe and then re fill in the blanks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg.

Greg,
  There is a command on the Actions menu that reads "Save recipe as default".

You must have pushed this at some point.  To correct it, you can simply create a new recipe, adjust the settings on the recipe to whatever you want the defaults to be for all new ones, then pick the above command on the menu.

This will make any future recipes match the "default" one you have set.

Cheers,
Brad

This is very helpful for entering those items that appear in ANY recipe:  whirlflock, yeast nutrient, a bittering hop addition at 60 mins, some malts, a yeast, etc.  You can always delete or replace, but it's much easier to "replace" just the hop and not have to re-enter the times or whether it's boil, dryhop, mash, etc.

You can also make up "ingredients/reminders" such as "insert chiller" at 9 minutes, or "proof dry yeast" at 40 mins.

(Which reminds me I need to create a reminder to sanitize my long spoon and leave it in the boil for the whirlpool.) 

Back