• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Newbie on board

J

jfleming9232

Hey everyone!

Just a note to introduce myself.  My name is Thad and I've been enjoying extract brewing for about three years now.  Getting ready to make the jump to all-grain this week!!  I'm looking forward to my first all grain batch.

Hello in Alabama!

All Grain is very, very interesting. Get a good book. I recommend How To Brew, by John Palmer. He gives you excellent theory and the numbers. The Grand Master Brewers on this forum will help you get BeerSmith tuned in and your brews successful.

Good Luck

Preston

I only read what palmer put online, but I concur if you only could have one book, he is the best.  I haven't ready "the new complete joy of homebrewing" version 3 or whatever Papazian is on, but I felt like the old version 2 I had is becoming a little obselete.  Radical brewing is also excellent as is brewing classic styles.  Get the later sooner than later because after reading and learning a lot over 2 years, I felt like that was a little pedestrian.

Welcome from THE WINDY CITY!
Google online search can bring up some tremendous links for you.
But honestly, if you can't find it in BrewSmith...you probably don't need it....
'Course that is coming from a partial mash head

Back