Author Topic: New recipes  (Read 3373 times)

Offline GWC

• BeerSmith New Brewer
New recipes
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
I've watched the tutorial on how to create recipes and I have now added a few of my own. But for some reason now, when I go to create a new recipe it brings up an old recipe. Am I supposed to delete that recipe and then re fill in the blanks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: New recipes
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »
Greg,
  There is a command on the Actions menu that reads "Save recipe as default".

You must have pushed this at some point.  To correct it, you can simply create a new recipe, adjust the settings on the recipe to whatever you want the defaults to be for all new ones, then pick the above command on the menu.

This will make any future recipes match the "default" one you have set.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »
This is very helpful for entering those items that appear in ANY recipe:  whirlflock, yeast nutrient, a bittering hop addition at 60 mins, some malts, a yeast, etc.  You can always delete or replace, but it's much easier to "replace" just the hop and not have to re-enter the times or whether it's boil, dryhop, mash, etc.

You can also make up "ingredients/reminders" such as "insert chiller" at 9 minutes, or "proof dry yeast" at 40 mins.

(Which reminds me I need to create a reminder to sanitize my long spoon and leave it in the boil for the whirlpool.) 

Offline max42

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:13:55 AM »
Great tip MaltLicker, had not considered that!

modification