• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

File Download - Security Warning

W

windwardsailor

Running Windows XP SP3, for some reason, today, Beersmith started giving me a "File Download - Security Warning" when I switch from recipe to recipe, as it tries to display the recipe in the view panel underneath. Or, if I try to change the report view using the drop down box in the taskbar at the top of the app.

The File Download - Security Warning box offers me the choice to Open, Save, or Cancel. It's trying to open a *.tmp file, for example, Bsm169.tmp. If I choose Open, it opens the report in Notepad.

It does this every time for a text format, and it does it sometimes for the other formats.

Check your internet explorer settings.  BeerSmith uses an internet explorer plugin for the preview of reports, so if you have some kind of security problem or issue with internet explorer it could give this kind of problem.

You should be able to open local files in internet explorer without a problem, but it depends on your security settings and the antivirus or firewall software you have installed.

Cheers,
Brad

After experiencing the same error I searched in Google and came across this thread.

Note: This error will be thrown if the drive where the templates folder is has run out of space. Best guess - the html header can't be stuck in the .tmp file so IE doesn't know what to do with it.

Cheers,
Tim

Back