• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Hersey MI

Dean

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm no stranger to the brewing boards and I've been actively brewing for about 3 years now, brewed a few times before that going back a span of 30 years.  Homebrew is Much better today than it was back then!  :D  I can type pretty good but I'm not much of a computer geek so if I ask what seems like a stupid question just remember that.  ;) :D  I finally broke down and bought a brewing program, wow this thing is great, I can actually keep accurate notes of what I'm going to do or if I've changed something up what I've done.  I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles but so far so good basically.  ;D

Welcome Dean,
There is enough information on this site to turn you into a geek. keeping good notes is the first step in making repeatable beers. I tweak my beers too often and I always think that I will remember what I did. I don't! Now I can refer to my notes and perfect my beers (If I remember to jot it down)!

Ditto that, I don't think people realize sometimes that a minute change in plans/procedure can make a huge difference in final outcome.  I won't say that I don't make good beer because that would be a lie, but being able to "repeat" a brew that I've made... that is what interests me. 

Back