• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Warm in the Northeast

mterm

Brewer
Reaction score
I have a wheat ale and an IPA bottle conditioning in a basement storage room. The wheat has been conditioning for 3 weeks and the IPA for about 4 months. It has been really hot this past week and more hot weather is in the forecast. The basement storage room temperature has gone from 66 to 75 degrees. Would I be better off to put the beer in the refrigerator or will it be OK to stay in the room at the higher temperature?

Unless they are really big or complex, they should be ready to package.  Esp. the IPA is likely losing hop appeal by now.  Wheats are meant to be drunk fresh.  Package when you have time?

I would agree with ML. Bottle them up and start enjoying them. However if your not ready, 75 is on the warm side, but if it get over 80 you probably want to move it to a cooler place.

Cheers
Preston

Back