• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient List not showing

B

Brinker

My ingredients list is not showing. 
I know this has been recently mentioned, however, nothing is resolving this issue. 

I have Vista.
I do not have a newopts14.opts directory to delete.
The patch did not work
One option listed in order to resolve this issue is to re-install Beersmith.  Does this mean I must uninstall it first?  How does one go about "re-installing"

Thanks for any help.

To move to a new computer, simply download the latest version from our web site and install BeerSmith on your new computer.

You can retrieve your key from your old computer by going to the "Enter Registration Key" command on the Help menu.

To move over your recipes or other data, go to your old copy and export anything you want (such as all of your recipes) to a BSM file using the Export command from the File menu.  You can do this from My Recipes view or any of the Hops, Grains, other views depending on what you wish to export.

On the new install just use the Import and Merge into the appropriate view to import the BSM files you saved from your old version.

When you install the new copy, I highly recommend installing to a subdirectory under your Documents directory for the main login you use.  This avoids a whole host of permissions problems that can crop up.

Cheers,
Brad

Didn't need to move BeerSmith to a new computer.  After visiting homepage/another beersmith page I discovered what I was to do relating to installing/re-installing onto my computer...sort of .  It was a pain and I am unable to locate my recipes I saved per your instructions.  Thankfully I have them printed and saved elswhere.   

Back