• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

keg system for a travel trailer

A

atahoekid

I am in the planning stages of a "teardrop trailer".  It is a small trailer, homebuilt and consists of sleeping area with a few amenities (stereo, dvd player, ipod player, heater) and a galley.  I would like to include a beer tap in the galley.  Since everything has to rely on battery (12V) power, a kegerator or some variation of it is out of the question.  I'm thinking of a jockey box system maybe using a 3 gal corney keg instead of the standard 5 gallon keg.  The biggest problem I anticipate is overfoaming due to "bouncing down the highway".  Give me your feedback, (positive and negative).  BTW I'm thinking of naming the trailer "the Beer Wagon". 

Go for it. I own a couple 3 gallon cornies. I just throw one in an ice chest laying flat with the outlet face down, and take in my RV to the lake.

Assuming the beer is ready to drink, I Vent the CO2 when I leave on the trip, then when I am at the lake. I hook up the CO2 and let it sit for about 1 hour or two and it is usually good to go. I have no reservations at all, and I am drinking the best beer on the lake... :)
The problem would be if you left the CO2 hooked up while you drive. Your beer would be over carbonated then.

So Once Again, I say "Go for it!"

Cheers
Preston

Back