• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients not showing up?

B

Barleydog

What am I doing wrong here??

When I add ingredients to a recipe they don't show up in the ingredients section. However, total grain, total hops, and total cost all change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you describe in detail, step-by-step what you are doing, what you expect to see and what you are seeing? Can you instert some screenshots?

Hi,

In most cases this is caused by a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where USERNAME is your login name for Vista.

Note that on some systems this is a hidden/system directory so you may need to enable the viewing of hidden/system directories within the windows file explorer to see this.

If you delete the newopts14.opts directory there you should be in business.

Let me know if you have continued problems!  So far we've had no one lose any data and I've been able to get everyone back up and running quickly.

Brad

Back