• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Have Something Nice to Say About BeerSmith?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'm hoping to add some more nice comments/user testimonials to some of my new web pages, so if you have something good to say about BeerSmith, could you leave a note below with your statement and name?

It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Brad

I am relatively new to AG brewing, and find your software absolutely invaluable.  It contains everything one needs to successfully AG brew without the ability of mathematics, which I am hopeless at.  Its the best $20 I ever spent on Beersmith, and have encouraged friends to get it too.

I enjoy reading your blog articles, as they are always about topical issues such as yeasts, or Wits, water etc...  I learn  lot from your blogs, as would experienced brewers.  If you are looking for other things to write about, I'd always welcome writing about particular styles, such as Wheat beers, golden or amber ales etc...

Thanks from many people from Australia for being awesome !!!

Steve

A friend who doesn't brew gave me some homegrwn hops. I made up an an all grain Amber Ale recipe from scratch using the hops he gave me and Brewsmith software. It was so easy. The malt and bitterness balanced exactly as I wanted. He said it was the best beer he ever had. I wouldn't want to brew without it.

Awesome software
Rick

[Accidentally stumbled across this thread. I see it is an old one but hope it is okay to give feedback on BeerSmith2 here.]

I must say I am pretty astounded at BeerSmith2. I only know a fraction about programming but that is enough to have my brain boggling at the complexities of this programming feat. The time, years, that have obviously gone into this must be frightening.

So what's it like?

I really think it is excellent. I gave up on software a long time ago and just used a simple spreadsheet where I knew I could trust the figures. Nothing, apart from a few spreadsheets, has captured my interest again until now. In BeerSmith2, all the figures are making sense and despite the power of the program, I am finding the learning curve surprisingly easy. The definitions are greatly improved and the reports have some information in them that removes the guesswork that is so often involved in recipe conversion. I think BeerSmith2 is actually going to massively improve the clumsy way we brewers currently often use to communicate methods and recipes. The flexibility of the interface is obviously magnificent. No other program (including BeerSmith1) even comes close to BS2.

I'd say at this stage, I have only learned about a tenth of the possibilities of the program. Every time I open it, I discover something new. It's pretty exciting to tell you the truth. Any time I do find something that could do with improving, I find that Brad has already noted the improvement and put it on his list of things to do.

I hope everyone takes the time to really slow down, study the program and understand how it works. The new all-grainer will always have lots of questions but I think with a bit of study and asking a few questions they'll get confidently under way in no time.

This is a Herculean effort Brad and I reckon you truly deserve a gold medal for this one.

All the best,
Pat

Beersmith was the single most valuable tool I used as a new brewer to understand the interactions of my equipment  with the Grains and hop levels to perfectly craft the beers that my wife enjoys.  This enabled me to justify all my new equipement!  :)

Brew Smith is an amazing program.  I have been brewing for over twenty years, keeping meticulous records by hand, dong calculations by hand, and brewing some amazing beer.  BrewSmith will help make my beer even better by taking over the calculations and fine tuning my beers in ways I never thought possible. 

Brew Smith is an amazing program.  I have been brewing for over twenty years, keeping meticulous records and doing my calculations by hand, and brewing some amazing beer.  BrewSmith will help make my beer even better by taking over the calculations and fine tuning my beers in ways I never thought possible. 
Most fields in BrewSmith are related to each other so that making changes in one area is reflected throughout the program.  Yet, since the program is so well laid out, it is easy to follow what the program has done so that the information it gives you is immediately useable as you plan a recipe.  At least one other program I have used left me scratching my head wondering how the program derived the answer it gave me, so the information was not helpful until I figured out how it was derived.  BeerSmith does not do that. 
Having all this information at our fingertips is wonderful, but comes with a caveat, and that is that we remember that we are supposed to be focused on the beer we brew, not on the mathematics that produced it.  One of the reasons I like to brew my own is that my beer remains a living thing.  It depends on how a living organism - yeast - reacts to what we do.  BeerSmith will make that process more precise, and improve our beers not by controlling the brewing process but by helping us understand the things we are asking our malts and yeasts to do.  It is an amazing program. 

Dr. John Whiteside
Boston, MA
[full response -- pressed "send" in earlier post by accident.  Sorry!]

8) I love Beer and the title BeerSmith. Every time I open it, I discover something new. I enjoy reading your blog articles. Cheers...

BeerSmith helps both new and experienced brewers.  New brewers can enter their extracts kits and start to tinker, while experienced all-grain brewers can fine-tune their equipment and process and constantly strive to improve their brews.  Built-in tools such as Water Profile, Yeast Starter and Carbonation inform and even educate brewers on topics they have not yet learned on their own.  And, BeerSmith is regularly updated with input directly from the users, so the program stays current. 

Richard Lane

Really,
VERY NICE JOB
Brad ,
I couldn't have had been brewing if it wasnt for the 1.4 verision has fast has I had without it
Thanks so much , like hey for a case of beer (craft that is LOL )
BUY the program all I got to Say
wvfna.org
Will or are you working on an IPAD verision ?
thanks

Back