• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac Version

J

J Porter

How about a full blown version for OSX? I'm sure you get this alot, a full blown version for the mac would be great!

Yes,
 This is a topic that has come up before.

I would like to develop a MAC version, but at the moment I'm working very hard on completing the next PC version.  Developing a MAC version would take the better part of a year of hard work to bring to fruition.

I'm somewhat torn over which to take on next - I have had calls for a Linux version, a MAC version and also a Pocket PC version.  I've done development before for all three platforms, but I'm not sure which would be most widely accepted.

In the meantime, I'm trying to make sure the PC version has all of the features people expect.

Thanks!

Brad

I check this website every now and then, just for this reason. You'd have my registration in a heartbeat for an OS X version.

Well,
 I'm taking a look at cross-platform development tools now.  In particular I'm looking at ones that support Windows, Mac and Unix.

However, this would require a complete rewrite of the code, so it would probably take a year or so to implement once I decide to press ahead.  Backward compatibility is a challenge as well across all of the platforms.

For now - I'm going to toy around with the tools a bit and see how hard it would be to implement some basic parts.  It may be a while before I jump into a full rewrite!

Cheers!
Brad

Wouldn't the one for OS X be easier to re-write for Linux? After all OS X is a Linux kernel.

Well,
 If I do the rewrite it is going to be for all three platforms (Linux/Windows and MAC) at once.  There are several cross platform tools that support all three, and I'm toying with one now.

Obviously this is a long term project - it would take about a year to rewrite the whole application and test it.  Before I can do that I need to learn (literally)  an entirely new Windows API that will cross all three platforms.

Cheers!
Brad

Back