• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith mash profiles

mmmbeeer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to AG, and a little confused setting up my mash profile in Beersmith.  I'm doing a batch sparge with no mash out.  Not sure whether to use "single infusion, medium body, batch sparge" or "single infusion, medium body, no mash out".  In the details they appear to be the same, but they must differ in some way.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Can anyone educate me about these mash profiles, or maybe point me toward a good resource?  Thanks!

Just realized, maybe should have put this in the all grain forum.  Sorry!

MMM

The differences are subtle.  The Mashout versions have a second step in the process to raise the temperature either by infusion (adding water) or heating up the water that is there.  The Batch Sparge has some of the check boxes checked near the bottom of the Mash Profile window.

To see all of the differences between each of the profiles you have to Click the Preview BrewSheet in the header area; then read through all of the steps.

What you want is the Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge

Explore with the various options, button etc.  In the Mash Profile window click on the Mash Step(s) to see how you can change the details.  You can also rename or create new Mash Profiles. 

David

Back