• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Projected mash volume: am I missing it somewhere?

thepalmhq

Apprentice
Reaction score
I like BeerSmith very much, but one feature I miss a lot from ProMash is a projected total mash volume, so that I know that the mash will very likely fit my mash tun (or not!).  Is this figure available somewhere in BeerSmith and I'm just missing?  Of, if not, could it be placed on a list of highly desirable features?  I'd like to see it on my brewsheet, frankly, but anywhere on the recipe page would be fine, just so that it's there somewhere.

Thanks and best regards,

David

Under Mash Profile, click on Details, upper right corner.  Is that what you wanted?

That is also where you enter your specific grain temps and MLT temps to make BSmith calculate strike water more accurately. 

We're entering fall/winter so those numbers will likely need adjusting for many people.

Attachments

• MashProfile.gif
    MashProfile.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 370
Yes, that is exactly what I needed.  Thanks!

Indeed, I will definitely need to tweak those numbers now that the cold weather has started in earnest.  I mashed into a cold mash tun this weekend and was about 5 deg low on my desired mash temp.  Had to scramble to get some more boiling water in there......

Thanks again.

Back