• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory

emraproulx

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi there.
I have brewed about 10 batches using BeerSmith and I can say that almost every aspect of it works just fine with me.  I have created my own equipment and so far, the numbers predicted (calculated) by BeerSmith are right on the spot with what I get from the Mash temp, extraction, attenuation, etc.  The only thing that I could not figure out so far is the inventory.  Even tough I brewed using over 100 lbs of malt and a couple lbs of hops my inventory is still full.  Could someone point my fault and help me out with this, this would make this software work just so near perfection.
Thanks.

Eric

Hi,

You have to tell Beersmith to remove the ingredients from inventory for a given batch, it does not do it automatically.  When you have the batch open on the screen, a "Remove from Inventory" button will show up on the tool bar.  If you click it, it will remove the quantities of for each ingredient used in the batch from inventory.  If you do not have an ingredient in inventory it will display an error message of that item but will still update all the ingredients you do have in stock.  Make sure you only press that button once.  Well, I haven't tested to see if it will remove the quantities a second time for a batch if you press it again but I take the "better safe than sorry" approach.

I had the same issue and resolved it last night  ;D  Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks, I will do this as soon as I hit home after work tonight.
Have a good brew.

Eric

Back