• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Aging Beer

BruDawg

Apprentice
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before i searched but did not find an answer. Do you age your beer under constant pressure or can i just blow off all the oxygen from the keg then let it age for a few months in a cold garage then force carbonate it later. Trying a bourbon Porter and would like to age it while I'm on vacation.

Thanks 

Brudawg,
            I pressurize my corny keg and then release the pressure (oxygen C02 mixture) I then re-pressurize at 30 lbs for a minute or so. I then just put the keg in a cool spot and forget about it the best I can. I may come back to revisit the keg and leak out some co2 just to make sure I have positive pressure. If needed I re-pressurize and wait. Over time the beer may absorb the co2 and lose positive pressure allowing oxygen in to spoil the beer. It really depends on the temperature which holds the amount of co2 the beer will absorb. The colder the more it will hold.

Back