• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

old new dude

Chief Bottlewasher

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I used to homebrew many kegs ago with an old buddy I worked with.  He died so I kinda lost interest. Recently another friend and I got into a conversation about the bottled water he drinks (Busch in a can ::). I started talkin about homebrewing and he wants to try it. So here I go showing him the real pleasures in life! Anyway, I haven't done this in so long figured I'd hang around here and see what's new.
Thanks in advanced, Gotta Go.

With todays high quality extracts, I recommend you start there.  The tradeoff of less control is well worth the time and effort saved especially for new brewers. Less equipment, less time but still have great beer?  Do you need more convincing :)

On a recent Brewing Network show, Jamil demonstrated a hopped extract beer that the staff loved and had no idea it was from a can. 

I done all types of homebrewing in the past. Extract, Partial, and All Grain. Me and my old friend made all types of brew, ale, lager, pilsner. We bottled and kegged. However, It has been since the early nineties since I did any. This isn't new to me but I'm sure there's new things to learn. The friend of my who has a curiosity about the art of homebrewing has never done it so, as you suggested, I will start with a very simple canned extract to get his feet wet. Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sure there is plenty to learn from this blog and the people who frequent it.

Back