• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New computer

H

hophead

Am I correct in assuming that I cannot download BeerSmith to my new computer without paying again?

Hey hop! I'm not Brad (duh), but I think I can help out on this one...

The "free" downloadable version of BeerSmith is the same as your full version. As long as you have your registration number/key from when you originally purchased the program, all you have to do is punch it in to the software and you'll be back up and running. If you don't have the number, email Brad and I'm sure he can pull it up and send it to you. I recently moved my copy of BeerSmith to a new computer and had no problems.

Good luck!

colin

Yes,
 You should be able to move to your new computer with no problem by installing the program again.  You can export your recipes and other data using the export command on the file menu or Save As command on the action menu.

The situation we are tring to prevent is when you have many computers running off the same key.  This is why we attempt to verify your key during upgrades to look for abused personal keys.

Cheers!
Brad

Colin and Brad

Thank you very much. I'll give it a go

Dennis

Follow up...After wandering thru the confused maze of my fuzzy computer mind...I think I finally got it

Oooh.
Err... I just upgraded my OS, and ran BeerSmith, saw the activation thing, realized I have no idea where my code is! Fished thru all my old emails to no avail.
Brad, is there some way to verify purchase and get the code again? :-[

Yeasty,
 I maintain records of every purchase made directly through me - so if you can email me your full name and address I should be able to look it up and provide your personal code.

Cheers!
Brad

I'd like to have BeerSmith installed on my PC at home AND my PC at work (so I can goof off AND be productive at the same time).  Is this allowed with only having 1 key code, according to BeerSmith rules and regs?

Cheer,
Brian

Brian,
 We decided recently to allow this type of personal use, as long as you don't install it on more than 2 locations and you do not share your key with a third person.

We do monitor key use on upgrades and reserve the right to disable keys that have been shared or are running more than 2 copies.

Cheers,
Brad

Back