• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Checking in from just North of Portland Oregon!

hopsbreath

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey there everybody! My wife is awesome and bought me my first brew kit for Christmas! Along with it is a recipe box with all the ingredients I need to brew up an extract IPA. This will be the first beer I ever brew so I'm doing a little research about techniques and such with a target brew date of New Years Day! A new year... A new hobby... Hopefully, it starts off without leaving (too much of) a bad taste in my mouth.  ;)

I've enjoyed beer for some years now and have been pretty active over at BeerAdvocate (same user name) for about a year now. A fellow BA and personal friend pointed me here to BeerSmith to do my research and pick up tips as I take another step in the wonderful world of beer. I just know that this is going to be great fun. Looking forward to getting to know folks here and learning a lot. Have a Merry Christmas all!

Back