• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

krausening

krausening is adding unfermented wort to finished beer for priming instead of using corn sugar (or whatever else)

I meant what is the calculator but I since researched it and am actively adding a calculator to my BeerCalc android app.

Thanks...

Here is a rough guideline for a five gallon batch:

For Original gravity reading of:  Use this amount of gyle 
1.030  2 quarts 
1.040  1 1/2 quarts 
1.050  1 1/4 quarts 
1.060  1 quart 
1.070  3 1/2 cups 
1.080  3 cups 
1.090  2 2/3 cups 
1.100  2 1/2 cups

This guideline is what I've been using and it has never failed me.  Not really a whole lot to calculate.

You know, I'm not sure what the volume # is.  I've used this guidline on at least a dozen ag brews and I've never been over or under carbed.  I've been pleased with each cap I pop.  You're right, it would be nice to have a krausening calc, but what the heck, if Brad never gets there....oh well, I still will use krausening to prime and enjoy my brew. 

I added a Krausen Calculator to my Android App.  Thanks for raising my awareness.

Back