• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Johannesburg, South Africa

kjr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I used to work on brewery design at SAB Miller in the 1980s, but only got interested in craft brewing a few years ago.  Joined worthogs (www.worthogbrewers.co.za) and few years ago, but only started brewing in earnest last year.

My brewery is about 40 litres all plastic all-grain.  Have done about 5 all-grain brews, plus a few kits (to get my hygiene under control).  I am happy with the results so far (mostly ales), but need to work on some fermentation temperature control to make some lagers (summer temperatures here often exceed 30 degC)

cheers
Kevin

Welcome to the board. Since I have no clue about the beer-culture or beer-history of your area I am curious to learn. What would be the classic type of beer in your region? Do you have a favorite grain or hop that would scream JSA?

I think it's just fun to learn "other beers of the world". The reason I ask is that while I am reading about home-brewing we get bombarded by the European styles, then every once in a while you read of an interesting beer from some non-euro country. It's a big world to drink through :p, or explore I meant.

Back