• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

beersmith.com flagged as unsafe

jomebrew

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.beersmith.com contains elements from the site www.brewpoll.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.brewpoll.com.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

Hi,
  Brewpoll.com got attacked today.  I rebuilt the whole site and updated the software on it literally hours after it happened and its now clean, but apparently it will take some time for google to white-list the site again.  I've asked them to do so.

As far as I'm aware nothing has happened to any of the main BeerSmith sites (including BeerSmith.com, the forum or the blog) - they were clean throughout the attack.

Obviously I'm not too happy about it, but one of the problems with having a popular site is that it becomes a target for spammers and scammers - all I can do is keep my software up to date and clean up after it happens.

Cheers,
Brad

Back