• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Submitting an entry into a contest help

Big B

Brewer
Reaction score
I am about to enter a cider I made into a contest and they ask for bottles with no labels and no distinguishing markings.  All my cider is bottled in EZ Cap filp top bottles.  The cider is NOT carbonated, would it be safe to pop a pop top and funnel into standard 12 oz bottles and re cap provided everything was sanitized?  Would that effect the cider at all?  It is not like it is going to go flat, plus I don't want to send my more expensive pop tops in because I may not get them back.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  I have attached the entry guidelines to this post.

Attachments

• War of the Worts XVI.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
definitely want to xfer and cap the bottles.  I have seen some disqualified for using swing tops.  I submitted my smoked porter that was xfered from 22oz bombers to 12oz and capped.  lost a little CO2 but scored 34 so it didn't seem to  affect much.

Back